<tbody id="jia29"><pre id="jia29"></pre></tbody>
<th id="jia29"></th>
    1. <form id="jia29"><tr id="jia29"><u id="jia29"></u></tr></form>

        <nav id="jia29"><big id="jia29"></big></nav>
          <dd id="jia29"><center id="jia29"><noframes id="jia29"></noframes></center></dd>
            英語資訊
            News

            小明英語課堂第一季視頻 第10課:燃燒

            Source: 小明英語    2013-06-14  我要投稿   論壇   Favorite  
            ?

            教案:

            Welcome to class today! Let’s start with some slang.
            歡迎來到今天的課程。讓我們從俚語開始吧

            Today, both of our slang use the word “burn”. Do you know what burn means?
            今天我們的兩個俚語都是和燃燒(燒傷)這個單詞有關的。

            Well, you might have gotten burned if you touched something too hot like a stove or a fire.
            如果你觸摸熱的物體,比如爐子或者火,你就有可能被燒傷

            This actually has to do with our slang this time.
            這個和我們的俚語是有關聯的

            Our first slang is “burn up”. You can also say “burn through”.
            第一個俚語是”burn up”或者”burn through”

            If you are burning something up, you are using it up very quickly.
            Burn something up就是很快的用完某物

            So just like if you have a piece of paper
            就像你把一張紙點燃

            you light it on fire, then all of a sudden it’s gone
            然后很快這張紙就燃盡了

            You’ve used it up very quickly.
            很快就被用完了

            And you can use it to talk about time, or something that you have.
            這個俚語也適用于時間,或者你所擁有的物品

            For example, I always tell my friends
            我總是跟我的朋友說

            “I should get more potato chips next time, I burn through them so quickly.”
            我下次應該買更多的薯片,我很快就吃光它們了

            That means I should get more potato chips
            意思就是我需要買更多的薯片

            because I eat them very fast. I use them up very quickly.
            因為我吃得很快

            Another thing I hear a lot is when you use “burn up” or “burn through” to talk about time.
            當談到時間的時候,burn up或者burn through也經常會用到

            Because you are just burning it, it’s gone
            因為你在燃燒一個物體,它很快就沒了

            And one example sentence for that is “Why are you playing so many video games?
            一個例子是”為什么你玩這么多游戲?

            Don’t you know you are just burning through all your free time?”
            你不知道你只是在浪費你的時間嗎?”

            That’s our first slang. Our second slang is “burn”. Just that word, burn.
            這就是我們的第一個俚語。我們第二個俚語是”burn”,就這一個詞

            And I don’t mean a physical burn when you actually hurt yourself.
            這里所說的不是燒傷

            A burn in slang is an insult. So if you get made fun of,
            在這里,burn是一個冒犯。如果你被調侃了

            them someone else can say that “you got burned”.
            那別人可以說”你被鄙視了”

            For example, my friend was asking today, can cats learn to talk?
            例如,我的朋友今天問,貓能學說話嗎?

            And then my other friend said
            另外一個朋友說
            “Are you always this stupid or are you trying really hard today?”
            “你是一直這么笨還是故意的?”

            And then I was thinking, uh-oh, that friend just got burned.
            然后我就想,他被鄙視了

            And another way you can say it is just “burn!”, “Oh burn!”, just like that
            你可以說burn或者oh burn,這樣就可以了

            And the way you can remember it is that what they said to you was so strong, so fiery that you got hurt by it.
            你可以這樣記,別人對你說一個激烈的話,你被傷害了

            Our sentence structure for today is a very simple one.
            我們今天的句型是一個很簡單的

            It uses the word “once”.
            它用了once這個單詞

            “Once” can also mean after something has been done.
            Once的意思也是在一件事情完成了之后

            Once this has been done, …
            當這個完成了之后,。。。

            Our first example is “Once Simon comes to China, his Chinese will improve a lot.”
            我們的第一個例子是,當Simon來到中國以后,他的中文會進步很大

            So the basic structure is “Once A does B, C will happen.”
            基本的句型是”當A做了B以后,C才會發生”

            Our other example is “Once this TV is fixed, we can watch a movie together.”
            另外一個例子是,當電視修好了以后,我們可以一起看一個電影

            Why don’t you try making a sentence with that structure?
            你也來試試吧

            And today we are going to do more etymology
            今天我們來看看詞源

            If you don’t remember, etymology is talking about where a word came from.
            詞源的意思就是一個單詞的來歷

            Because of English is a mixture of a lot of different languages,
            因為英語是由很多語言構成的

            you can learn a lot by looking at the etymon, or the root of words we use everyday.
            你可以通過看詞根學到很多詞

            Today I want to talk about the Latin word for “fire”.
            今天想說的詞是拉丁語的火

            Since we were talking about burns earlier, I thought it would make sense.
            因為我們之前在說燃燒和燒傷,這看上去還是有邏輯的吧。

            And the Latin word for fire is “ars”, or “ard”.
            在拉丁語里,火是ars或者ard

            These aren’t whole words, but these are the parts we see used in English.
            它們不是完整的單詞,但是我們會在英語里見到這些部分

            So if you see a word that starts with “ars” or “ard”
            如果你看到一個單詞以ars或ard開頭

            you can make a pretty good guess that it’s talking about something to do with fire.
            你可以猜它是描述一個和火有關的意思

            For example, the word “arson”. Arson is a verb.
            例如arson,它是一個動詞

            People who commit arson are people who like to set fires or start fires.
            它的意思是縱火

            And a person who likes committing arson is an arsonist.
            一個喜歡縱火的人叫縱火犯

            If you hear the letters “ist” at the end of a word
            如果你聽到一個單詞以ist結尾

            it’s usually talking about a person who likes to do the part right before the “ist”.
            一般它是描述一個人,一般是和單詞的前半部分有關的

            So arsonists like doing arson.
            縱火犯喜歡縱火

            A scientist likes doing science.
            科學家喜歡科學

            An artist likes doing art.
            藝術家喜歡藝術

            Things that end in “ist” are talking about people.
            單詞以ist結尾的是描述人的

            And while arson and arsonist sound very similar
            Arson和arsonist聽上去很類似

            there’s one that sounds a little different. Here’s your tough word for today. Ardent.
            接下來有一個稍微不一樣的,ardent

            Ardent means having a lot of passion
            Ardent的意思就是非常熱情

            Because “ard” means fire, it’s talking about an inner fire.
            因為ard的意思是火,它的意思就是內心的激情

            In Chinese you might say someone is very 熱情,熱just means heat, just like what happens with fire.
            中文里的熱情 熱字也是和火有關的。

            So a person who is very ardent about something is very passionate.
            所以ardent是用來描述一個人很熱情

            That is our etymology for today
            這就是我們今天的詞源

            thank you so much for coming to class.
            謝謝來到今天的課

            If you have any comments or questions about the materials we talked about today
            如果你有任何建議或問題

            follow me on Weibo, and I can answer any things you have.
            來微博上關注我吧


            將本頁收藏到:
            上一篇:小明英語課堂第一季視頻 第9課:停下來
            下一篇:小明英語課堂第一季視頻 第11課:聚會
            最新更新
            論壇精彩內容
            網站地圖 - 學習交流 - 恒星英語論壇 - 關于我們 - 廣告服務 - 幫助中心 - 聯系我們
            Copyright ©2006-2007 www.pesugihanputih88.com All Rights Reserved
            亚洲日韩在线一区

            <tbody id="jia29"><pre id="jia29"></pre></tbody>
            <th id="jia29"></th>
            1. <form id="jia29"><tr id="jia29"><u id="jia29"></u></tr></form>

                <nav id="jia29"><big id="jia29"></big></nav>
                  <dd id="jia29"><center id="jia29"><noframes id="jia29"></noframes></center></dd>